February 3, 2012

Cognitive Blissfulness

Just when I thought there was no more room in my heart for another podcast... there it was... an unassuming piece of paper amidst a table of flyers at Chicago’s 2012 Skepticamp. What’s this? A podcast hosted by Chicagoland natives? How had I not heard of it before? I don’t know, but supernatural forces must’ve led me to that flyer. Scratch that. Natural forces. The forces of the Skepticamp organizers who chose to print flyers of some of the sponsors of the event, including the Cognitive Dissonance podcast, my newest podcast obsession.

Ok, so I’ve only listened to 3 episodes so far (the latest 3), but I’m loving the show, so that means that probably by this time next week I will have listened to all 32 episodes. (Yes, I have a full-time job and other responsibilities, but I listen to podcasts whenever I’m doing something mindless like washing dishes, making dinner... who am I kidding... microwaving dinner and throwing away the tray). The hosts run through a variety of topics, comically commenting on news items from a rational perspective. My favorite things about this show so far: 1) They’re from my hometown, and 2) I can tell they’re genuinely having a blast doing the show. Their commentary is hilarious and their laughter is infectious. They’re totally irreverent, passionate about what they’re discussing, and they feed off each other (not literally, of course... they feed off babies like all ‘godless heathens’ are want to do). Bottom line: Listen to it, bitches.

WARNING: Do not listen to Cognitive Dissonance with headphones in a place where random LOLs would be frowned upon. If this cannot be helped, simply respond “Yes, I’m laughing at the voices in my head, but they have names: Tom and Cecil. They’re my special friends.” Then give a wild-eyed grin and skip away gleefully.

This is the first, but won’t be the last of my podcast review posts. There are so many to love! Yes, I’m a podcast whore and proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I empathize with your deconversion. Hang in there, there are a lot of people in your shoes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog is funny (and sad) and so true. I'm obviously just getting off the ground with mine. You have the distinct honor of being my very first commenter. :-D Take care!

    ReplyDelete